Compassionate Counsel & Aggressive Advocacy for Victims of Sexual Assault Nationwide
Sexual abuse is a devastating experience and a burden that many bear in silence. Unfortunately, the criminal justice system does not always succeed in punishing the offender, causing their victims to live in fear and pain.
In cases where the American justice system fails, or even when it succeeds, a sexual abuse attorney can intervene on behalf of the victim and pursue a civil claim against the offender and any other parties that may be held liable for compensation.
We represent clients on a contingency fee basis; if we don’t win, you won’t pay a single cent. Call our Los Angeles sexual abuse lawyer at (833) 456-3529 to learn more about your options.
Is It Worth Pursuing My Case When It Seems Like So Many Walk Free?
Many sexual abuse cases are settled before a lawsuit is officially filed, so you may not even have to face your assailant directly. However, it is entirely up to you to determine whether you are mentally and emotionally prepared for the possibility of facing your assailant in court.
Sexual abuse can happen anywhere, by anyone. We've represented clients who have been assaulted by:
At KMD Law, we operate on contingency, meaning our clients only pay us if we win. Our firm has a long history of success, but in the event we do not win your case, you will not suffer financially. We also promise to protect your privacy as best we can.
School District Sexual Assault $139,000,000
Sexual Assault of a Minor filed 20+ years after abuse took place. $7,500,000
Assault & Battery $7,500,000
Sexual Assault $5,000,000
STD / Herpes Transmission $3,000,000
STD / Herpes Transmission $2,500,000
School District Sexual Assault $2,500,000
Wrongful Death / Swimming Pool Negligence $2,000,000
Sexual Assault $1,900,000
Sexual abuse takes place when the perpetrator participates in unwanted sexual activity with another while using threats or force, or taking advantage of someone who is unable to defend themselves or who does not give consent.
If you have been abused sexually, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Call 911 if you are in immediate danger. If you are injured or in danger, call 911 as soon as you can.
- Find a safe place. If you don’t feel safe, reach out to someone you trust to help you relocate to a secure location.
- Call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at (800) 656-4673. A trained member can help direct you to a health care facility that cares for sexual assault survivors and answer any of your questions.
- Report the crime. You can tell a medical professional that you wish to report the crime, contact your local police station, or visit campus law enforcement if you are in college.
- Get in touch with an attorney. Having a legal advocate on your side from the beginning is important. An sexual abuse attorney can help you evaluate your case and provide you with advice as you move forward.
Keith changed my life forever- Hector E.
Survivors of assault or sexual abuse face emotional and physical hardship — let KMD Law shoulder your legal burden so you can focus on recovery. We fight for your rights, holding abusers accountable for their actions and preventing assault from happening to others. Throughout the legal process, we prioritize and protect your privacy.
Does It Matter When the Sexual Assault Occurred?
In California, and in every state across the country, there are statute of limitations concerning civil lawsuits for sexual abuse and sexual harassment. The limitations and the laws that control when and where you can file a claim based on sexual impropriety are seemingly changing every day. Don’t assume that because the abuse occurred years, even decades ago, that you cannot file a claim. We have recovered millions for our clients for events that happened as much as 30 years ago.