What To Do If You've Been Sexually Abused
If you have been abused sexually, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Call 911 if you are in immediate danger. If you are injured or in danger, call 911 as soon as you can.
- Find a safe place. If you don’t feel safe, reach out to someone you trust to help you relocate to a secure location.
- Call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at (800) 656-4673. A trained member can help direct you to a health care facility that cares for sexual assault survivors and answer any of your questions.
- Report the crime. You can tell a medical professional that you wish to report the crime, contact your local police station, or visit campus law enforcement if you are in college.
- Get in touch with an attorney. Having a legal advocate on your side from the beginning is important. A sexual abuse attorney can help you evaluate your case and provide you with advice as you move forward.
How A Lawyer Can Help With Your Sexual Abuse Case
A lawyer who specializes in representing victims of sexual abuse can provide invaluable assistance in pursuing legal action against the perpetrator and seeking compensation for damages. This can include:
- Providing legal advice
- Investigating the case
- Representing you in court
- Protecting your privacy
- Providing emotional support
AT KMD LAW, WE OPERATE ON CONTINGENCY, MEANING OUR CLIENTS ONLY PAY US IF WE WIN. OUR FIRM HAS A LONG HISTORY OF SUCCESS, BUT IN THE EVENT WE DO NOT WIN YOUR CASE, YOU WILL NOT SUFFER FINANCIALLY. WE ALSO PROMISE TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY AS BEST WE CAN.